Last Updated: July 13, 2023
ARBITRATION NOTICE: EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION CLAUSE BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND SPARK DEVELOPMENT NETWORK WILL BE RESOLVED BY MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT AND/OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
Use of Services and Availability. Spark Development Network retains the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to deny service and/or access to and/or use of the Services to anyone at any time and for any reason without liability. While we use reasonable efforts to keep the Services accessible, the Services may be unavailable from time to time. You understand and agree that there may be interruptions to the Services and/or access to your account due to circumstances both within our control (e.g., routine maintenance) and outside of Spark Development Network’s control. The Services may be modified, updated, suspended and/or discontinued at any time without notice and/or liability.
Use Outside Defined Area. Please be aware that our Services are subject to United States laws, including laws governing privacy and security of your information. Those who choose to access the Services from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. In the event you are using the Services outside of the United States, you agree as follows: (i) you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States; (ii) if you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of ‘Specially Designated Nationals’ you will not engage in commercial activities on Spark Development Network (such as advertising or payments); and/or (iii) you will not use Spark Development Network if you are prohibited from receiving products, services or software originating from the United States.
Feedback. If you provide us (in a direct mail, email and/or otherwise) with any feedback, suggestions, improvements, enhancements, recommendations and/or feature requests relating to the Services (“Feedback”), then you grant to Spark Development Network a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use and incorporate any such Feedback. Spark Development Network has no obligation to review any Feedback and may use and redistribute Feedback for any purpose without restriction in its sole and absolute discretion.
Copyright Infringement Notification Process. Spark Development Network abides by the Federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”). If you believe that any content included on the Services is your proprietary work and has been copied in a way that constitutes an infringement of your copyrights in that work, please immediately notify Spark Development Network of any such copyright or other intellectual property rights infringement. Your written notice should be sent to our designated copyright agent as follows: Spark Development Network, Inc., 24654 N Lake Pleasant Pkwy Ste 103-192 Peoria, AZ 85383-1359 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.To file a copyright infringement notification with us, you will need to send a written communication that includes substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. Providing URLs is the best way to help us locate content quickly.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPARK DEVELOPMENT NETWORK, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, LICENSORS, AND/OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL AND/OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA AND/OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, AND/OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, EVEN IF SPARK DEVELOPMENT NETWORK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE. THE FOREGOING SHALL APPLY DESPITE ANY NEGLIGENCE, MISCONDUCT, ERRORS AND/OR OMISSIONS BY SPARK DEVELOPMENT NETWORK ITS EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND/OR AGENTS. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION AND/OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES, SPARK DEVELOPMENT NETWORK’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.SPARK DEVELOPMENT NETWORK’S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY, AND THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF ITS PARTNERS AND LICENSORS, TO YOU IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ARISING OUT OF AND/OR RELATING TO THE SERVICES IS LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, IN THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE OF THE CLAIM OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (US$100.00).
Arbitration Agreement and Waiver of Class Action
- Arbitration Procedures. Except in the event the claim meets the requirements set forth in the ‘Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate’ section below and/or if you opt out of arbitration as described below, all claims shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules, in effect at the time the proceedings begin, of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy and/or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. All information relating to and/or disclosed by any party in connection with the arbitration of any disputes shall be treated by the parties, their representatives, and the arbitrator as proprietary business information and shall not be disclosed without prior written authorization of the disclosing party. The arbitration shall be held in Maricopa County, Arizona USA or any other location we agree to. Each party shall bear the burden of its own counsel fees incurred in connection with any arbitration proceedings. THE ARBITRATOR WILL NOT BE EMPOWERED AND DOES NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO HEAR OR DECIDE ANY CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, TO AWARD PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR TO AWARD ATTORNEYS’ FEES TO THE PREVAILING PARTY.
- Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate. Either you and/or Spark Development Network may assert claims, if it qualifies, in small claims court in Maricopa County, Arizona. Either party may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use and/or abuse of the Services, breach of Spark Development Network’s confidential information and/or intellectual property infringement (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright and/or patent rights) without first engaging in arbitration and/or the informal dispute-resolution process described herein.
Contact info: email@example.com
24654 N Lake Pleasant Pkwy Ste 103-192 Peoria, AZ 85383-1359